Nikita A. Shutskiy, Junior researcher, Central Scientific and Research Labaratory, Northern State Medical University (51 Troitskiy avenue, Arkhangelsk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sergey L. Kashutin, Doctor of medical sciences, associate professor, head of the sub-department of skin and venereal deseases, Northern State Medical University (51 Troitskiy avenue, Arkhangelsk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Leonid L. Shagrov, Junior researcher, Central Scientific and Research Labaratory, Northern State Medical University (51 Troitskiy avenue, Arkhangelsk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Lyubov' N. Gorbatova, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, rector of Northern State Medical University (51 Troitskiy avenue, Arkhangelsk, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Svetlana I. Malyavskaya, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, vice-rector for research and innovation, head of the sub-department of pediatrics, Northern State Medical University (51 Troitskiy avenue, Arkhangelsk, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Oleg V. Kalmin, Doctor of medical sciences, professor, head of the sub-department of human anatomy, Medical Institute, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. The research on the regeneration of dermis layers components during thermal damage is carried out all over the world, since recovery takes a long time. With frostbite, cell death occurs due to the formation of ice crystals. An important issue in understanding the repair process is the localization and time of accumulation of fibroblasts, which synthesize and secrete components of the extracellular matrix. It is of interest to study the mechanisms of the reparative process under conditions of metabolic syndrome. The purpose of the research is to study the dynamics of cellular structures that migrate to the damaged area after local frostbite of the skin in laboratory rats with metabolic syndrome. Materials and methods. The research was carried out on white outbred rats in which obesity was induced. After establishing the presence of metabolic syndrome, local cold damage was reproduced by dividing them into groups of 5 animals. After slaughter on the 3rd, 7th, 14th and 21st days, the damaged skin and the periphery were analyzed using conventional histological methods, and the number of cells in the zones of the papillary, reticular dermis and at the border of the reticular dermis and hypodermis was also counted. Results. In laboratory rats with metabolic syndrome, a local cold injury of the 3rd degree was modeled, damaged skin and areas located in close proximity to them were examined for the presence of cellular structures. The dynamics was revealed throughout the entire observation period. Conclusions. In the course of the experiment, it was noted that in the period from 3 to 7 days, an increase in cell accumulations occurs in the zone of the damaged and undamaged skin area located next to the lesion focus. Mostly, cells are concentrated precisely on the border of the reticular dermis and hypodermis, where the main formation of collagen and the concentration of cell clusters take place. It can be assumed that the period of time of the formation of cell clusters and the production of collagen directly in intact skin falls on days 3–7.
1. Durymanov M.O., Boyarintsev V.V., Biryukov S.A., Gorina E.V., Filkov G.I. Methodological approaches to development of cell-based medicinal product for treatment of patients with cold injury in the Arctic. Hum Physiol. 2020;46:798–805.
2. Vlasov O.O., Kovalov G.O. Intensity of free-radical processes at local cold trauma after introduction of extract of cryopreserved piglets’ skin fragments or aqueous colloidal solution of fullerene C60. Problems of Cryobiology and Cryomedicine. 2019;29(2):167–167.
3. Goertz O., Hirsch T., Buschhaus B. Intravital pathophysiologic comparison of frostbite and burn injury in a murine model. J. Surg. Res. 2011;167(2):395–401.
4. Chigunadze A.L., Artyushkova E.B., Mishustin V.N., Goryainova G.N., Artyushkova E.V., Gladchenko M.P., Zaugol'nikova N.S. Evaluation of the pharmacological effectiveness of the use of serotonin adipinate, an opioid peptide DSLET and their combinations in experimental contact frostbite against the background of active surgical tactics. Chelovek i ego zdorov'e = Human and health. 2015;(2):89–95. (In Russ.)
5. Petrone P., Asensio J.A., Marini C.P. Management of accidental hypothermia and cold injury. Curr. Probl. Surg. 2014;51:417–431.
6. Sachs C., Lehnhardt M., Daigeler A., Goertz O. The triaging and treatment of coldinduced injuries. Deutsches Ärzteblatt International. 2014;112(44):741.
7. Desjardins-Park H.E., Foster D.S., Longaker M.T. Fibroblasts and wound healing: an update. Regen Med. 2018;13(5):491–495.
8. Shutskiy N.A., Shagrov L.L., Kashutin S.L., Aksenov A.S., Malyavskaya S.I. Dynamics of the collagen content of the dermis of rats after local cold injury. Trudy Karel'skogo nauchnogo tsentra Rossiyskoy akademii nauk = Proceedings of Karelia Research Center of the Russian Academy of Sciences. 2019;(6):85–91. (In Russ.)
9. Belenkov Yu.N., Privalova E.V., Kaplunova V.Yu., Zektser V.Yu., Vinogradova N.N., Il'gisonis I.S., Lishuta A.S. Metabolic syndrome: developmental history, main diagnostic criteria. Ratsional'naya farmakoterapiya v kardiologii = Rational pharmacotherapy in cardiology. 2018;14(5):757–764. (In Russ.)
10. Uryas'ev O.M., Gorbunova D.Yu., Shcherbakova O.N., Pyko A.A. Metabolic syndrome - an unsolved problem of medicine and modern society. Vestnik Smolenskoy gosudarstvennoy meditsinskoy akademii = Bulletin of Smolensk State Medical Academy. 2017;16(1):160–164. (In Russ.)
11. Derkach K.V., Bondareva V.M., Chistyakova O.V., Berstein L.M., Shpakov A.O. The effect of long-term intranasal serotonin treatment on metabolic parameters and hormonal signaling in rats with high-fat diet/low-dose streptozotocin-induced type 2 diabetes. International Journal of Endocrinology. 2015;2015:1–17.
12. Korzhevskiy D.E. Morfologicheskaya diagnostika. Podgotovka materiala dlya gistologicheskogo issledovaniya i elektronnoy mikroskopii = Morphological diagnostics. Preparation of material for histological examination and electron microscopy. Saint Petersburg: SpetsLit, 2017:160. (In Russ.)
13. Avtandilov G.G. Osnovy kolichestvennoy patologicheskoy anatomii: ucheb. posobie = Fundamentals of quantitative pathological anatomy: textbook. Moscow: Meditsina, 2002:237. (In Russ.)